Joining the SBGUK Fight Team
Straight Blast Gym UK has a long established history within Mixed Martial Arts Competition; head Coach Karl Tanswell has traveled world-wide coaching and cornering professional fighters in leading promotions such as the UFC, Bellator, Strikeforce, Bodog Fight, G-Force , BAMMA and CageWarriors as well as dozens of national and local promotions.
However, SBG UKs Competition Team does not only cater for the Professional fighter; working with the amateurs and up-coming fighters is as equally as important to the ethos of the gym, that being:
Continued and Progressive Development
Straight Blast Gym’s Manchester Head Quarters runs a full time training schedule for full time professional fighters as well as dedicated amateurs.
Team Members Benefits
- Access to all general curriculum classes. This is the main day to day classes at SBG Manchester including Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai Boxing, Boxing and Judo. We have over 30 independent sessions per week.
- Exclusive Access to Pro-Team sessions each morning with your Head Coach.
- Access to Assistant Coaches in Various disciplines and Strength and Conditioning.
- In House Sports Rehabilitation
- World Class training and Sparring Partners
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Aretas Management
What is required of you to join ?
If you have decided to give it a go and train as a Pro with our team you will be asked to make a training agreement. MMA is a tough sport and there are a lot of guys wanting “a piece of the action “ so to speak. Self motivation is a high requirement and anyone given a training deal will be held accountable for holding up their end of the bargain, fundamentally “put the work in.”
We offer 3 routes to joining our Pro Team, they are:
- General Program
- Subsidised Program
- Scholarship Program
The right program for you will be decided on current level, commitment, record etc.
To express interest, discuss the possibilities and set up a trial email us on firstname.lastname@example.org